I have a confession. I am a spender. Money burns a hole in my pocket. I often buy frivolous things before things we need. I have struggled with being able to save my whole life. I think between Jman and I, Jman is better at saving. Here is another honest moment Jman and I live paycheck to paycheck. It is not something I recommend but its what season we are in right now.
The thing we argue the most about is money. However it’s also the thing that we talk about most. I think the top three things are 1. Faith, 2. Money. 3.comics
We have bills just like everyone else and how do we manage our finances? I have some tips for you.
- We try to move over what we need for rent usually the first chance we can. We try. There are things that happen and we need to use that money for something else. But making a conscience decision to move the money over when we have it. Helps us know how much we can spend later in the month.
- We have a savings account that our paychecks automatically take out an certian amount. At first I thought I would miss that money but actually it has been a helpful amount because there will be money we can use for rent. Now we don’t even realize it goes out.
- We do allowances. I know that this sound juneville but I can’t tell you how much this helps us out. We both decide how much the allowance will be per pay check and that money is our to spend. I usually buy makeup or funko pops, Jman buys baseball cards. Jman never had an allowance when he grew up, so to be able to give him some money that he can spend. I have seen him become less frusterated with how we together spend together. But I’m also giving him a chance to invest in something that he wanted growing up but wasn’t able to. Something as simple as Baseball cards, gives Jman an opportunity to check off one of his wants.
- We make gift for christmas gift. Christmas is hard when you live paycheck to paycheck. Sure it’s easier to go out to buy gifts, but sometimes the funds are not there. We have often made gifts for our loved ones and these unique gifts are often well recieved.
- We don’t use an credit card, we try to pay for things when we can instead of going into debt to pay off something. If we can’t buy something big then we wait to buy it until we can. We use cash or our debit card.
- We try to make one time purchases instead of monthly purchases. We often have bills go out and if we can make an one time purchase that is bigger then making alot of small monthly purchase, we like that better and its easier to manage.
- Before a large purchase, I do research. I research customer reviews and similar items cost. I want to make sure that the item I’m buying is reliable and will last. I also want to see which store might have a better deal. We do the research so we can make the best decision for our money.
Here are my tips. I am not perfect and money is always my downfall. However, we have been blessed with people who will help out if needed. We always remember that God gives us our paychecks and he helps us use wisdom and care about how we spend our money. We also allow for forgiveness if Jman and I mess up with money. Jman and I argue and talk about money and then we come to decision. We also pray about how the best to use our money. We talk to our parents and discuss it with them. We also thank God for unexpected moments when he blesses us with money. At the end of the day, the money belongs to God and we are just grateful to be able to use it.
What are some tips you have to save money. Share them in the comments.
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
TTFN and God Bless you and Keep you.